Saturday, July 12, 2008

07/08 Guanghua Shangchang

I decided to upload my new posts in English in order to make it accessible for English-speaking friends. The Dutch people reading my blog usually possess enough knowledge of English to read this, so there should be no problems.

Tuesday morning I went to the office of Chen & Wu to use their computers and make my homework. I wanted to buy a laptop and the employees advised me to visit Taipei 101 and visit the computer conference there. When I got there in the evening, all the shops were already closed and I coulnd't quite find the conference, so the Starbucks waiter adviced me to go to Guanghua Shangchang, which is a famous place for buying the cheapest computers. In Guanghua there are hundreds of computer stores, all of them trying to undercut each other's prices. In every shop you can negotiate about everything inside the computer and the extra's they can give you. I forgot to make pictures, but it's certainly an interesting sight. I bought my laptop at EZ shop, by a salesman named Chen (it's a common last name). The computer is a new model IBM Lenovo, Pentium dual core (2 x 1.83 Ghz), has 2 GB RAM and two hard disks (50 Gb and 90Gb), respectively for programs and data, for about 400 euro's.

No comments: